Marine Liability Insurance
Marine liability insurance is designed for marine operators including ship repairers, yachting and boating clubs and freight forwarders to protect their marine business against legal liability and property damage claims.
Unfortunately shipping accidents, cargo loss, vessel damage and injuries happen more often than you might imagine, so it’s important to take the appropriate precautions and get the right cover for your marine business.
Why you should consider it.
You would benefit from marine liability insurance policy if any of these marine industry segments applies to you.
- Ship repairer
- import/export marine business
- You own a private yacht
- You are a port operator (slipways and marina’s)
- You operate a charter service
What can it cover?
While policy dependent, it can cover:
- Damage to cargo and lost cargo
- Loss of damage to any other vessel or property
- Death, personal injury or illness
- Premises risks
- Removal or wreck
- Loss of or damage to any vessel or craft in your care, custody or control
- Car park liability
What isn’t covered?
As with any insurance there are limits and exclusions that apply, there may also be a deductible, excess or limits on this type of cover so check with your GIBA insurance broker.
Please talk to us about what may or may not be appropriate for your coverage